+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EVE Echoes Offers a New Universe of Exploration

Editor in Chief Reputation: 33

Default EVE Echoes Offers a New Universe of Exploration

EVE Echoes is a next-gen mobile MMO, based on EVE Online's design principles, which will arrive on both iOS and Android. Players will forge a path to glory, through interstellar combat, resource collection, industrial manufacturing, trade, exploration and much more. There are thousands of planetary systems to explore, and the history of EVE Echoes will be written by the players. The game will utilize NetEase Games’ proprietary graphics engine, NeoX, in combination with CCP’s game design to realize stunning starry skies, boundless star-fields, majestic planets, and unpredictable asteroid belts at unprecedented graphical detail on mobile devices.
    More info & new trailer here

So, EVE is going mobile with an MMO built specifically for mobile, but which sounds a lot like the original. If you're an EVE player already - would you? And if you're not one, would you try this out now?
    Editor in Chief, OnRPG/MMOHuts
    twitter | twitch

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 882

nah i'm not gonna play it. mobile games aren't for me no matter how good they get. i rather use my sick pc setup with actual good controls and a big ass screen. no reason to play on a tiny device with cramped up hands due to shitty controls with a battery that goes dead in 3-4 hours. Pokemon GO was the last mobile game i played and it will remain so.

this looks to me as if CCP is trying to do the same move as activision blizzard does with diablo immortals, doubt anyone will be waiting for this.

me and the doc got very similar views on mobile gamers lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC8MzwMHSDM

edit: then again i dont have much interest to play the regular eve online anymore either with their marketing changes. (pricy dlcs, plex and other p2w garbage)
    Last edited by Abhorsen; 08-07-2019 at 08:42 PM.

Moderator Reputation: 10

Yeah, what Abhorsen said. Mind you, I do enjoy some mobile games, but I'm actually moving away from F2P mobile games simply because I'm tired of the umpteenth form of lootboxes and gachapon mechanics.
    in dreams i walk with u

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 882

Quote Originally Posted by NWOrpheus View Post
    Yeah, what Abhorsen said. Mind you, I do enjoy some mobile games, but I'm actually moving away from F2P mobile games simply because I'm tired of the umpteenth form of lootboxes and gachapon mechanics.
    now if only they used all that time and resources on a new badass space mmo on pc
    all it needs to be is a 60 dollar game with monthly subscription, no more.

Moderator Reputation: 10

I'd have been down with Elite if they didn't pull some scummy BS with their expansions. Why is it so hard for devs/publishers to not screw over a huge percentage of their playerbase when they're making games?
    in dreams i walk with u

+ Reply to Thread