+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DC Universe Online Nintendo Switch Port Thoughts

Passing-Through Rider Reputation: 16

Default DC Universe Online Nintendo Switch Port Thoughts

DCUO_Switch_05.jpg

Iím an unabashed fan of superhero games, comics, and movies. Vividly, I recall playing DC Universe Online for the first time during the closed beta, and found myself, for the most part, enjoying the game. I had my qualms with it, but this was before I became a games journalist. Fast forward to 2019, and DC Universe Online is coming to the Nintendo Switch! The Switch is one of my all-time favorite consoles, so I was curious to see what DCUO would bring to it, as the Switch does not have a ton of MMO offerings.
    The article can be found here.

Personally, I'm not a fan of DCUO's monetization, but it might be reasonable for others. But having powers behind DLC paywalls? Eh, not a fan. That said, it's still not a bad MMO, if a little dated visually. It does well on the Switch though.
    Ragachak: MMOHuts/OnRPG Lead Writer/Junior Editor.
    MMOHuts Author Profile OnRPG Author Profile
    Co-Creator of "Bottom Tier Entertainment System".
    Twitter, Twitch, Youtube Channel

Moderator Reputation: 10

I think if you view it as a subscription based MMO, it's not too bad. Still, I do generally agree that paywalling powers without any way to earn the premium currency through gameplay, is the very definition of "pay to win".
    in dreams i walk with u

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Unhappy I played at launch for roughly 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by Ragachak View Post
    DCUO_Switch_05.jpg

The article can be found here.

Personally, I'm not a fan of DCUO's monetization, but it might be reasonable for others. But having powers behind DLC paywalls? Eh, not a fan. That said, it's still not a bad MMO, if a little dated visually. It does well on the Switch though.
    I tried to play it again this past year to see what was expand of the DLC and i see the cost of the in-game items are absolutely insane now. It might seriously be the most expensive in-game store for an online game I've ever seen. They haven't added any new cities or zones to the world, only more instanced dungeons.

+ Reply to Thread