+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Classic WoW: Pros and Cons from Ragachak

Passing-Through Rider Reputation: 16

Default Classic WoW: Pros and Cons from Ragachak

World of Warcraft.jpg

I'd like to start this morning's editorial with a joke:"How do you know someone played Vanilla WoW? Don't worry, they'll tell you." And I am one of those people. Over the years, we've seen a variety of "Vanilla WoW" servers pop up, all of which have been eradicated by Blizzard. On a personal level, I didn't dive into these servers: Not because I hate Vanilla, but because I don't join private servers.
    The article can be found here.

I don't hate Classic WoW. In fact, I do have some pretty fond memories of Vanilla. But, I already played Vanilla once. I don't have a desire to go back to hardcore no-lifing WoW. I already lived that life once.
    Ragachak: MMOHuts/OnRPG Lead Writer/Junior Editor.
    MMOHuts Author Profile OnRPG Author Profile
    Co-Creator of "Bottom Tier Entertainment System".
    Twitter, Twitch, Youtube Channel

Editor in Chief Reputation: 62

I will never, never miss the grind that was original WoW.

Nor will I miss the terrible balance between classes and the terrible talent tree system where usually only one tree was viable.

I had fond memories of Vanilla, but those memories were social memories, not gameplay ones.
    Editor in Chief, OnRPG/MMOHuts
    twitter | twitch

Passing-Through Rider Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by MissyS View Post
    I will never, never miss the grind that was original WoW.

Nor will I miss the terrible balance between classes and the terrible talent tree system where usually only one tree was viable.

I had fond memories of Vanilla, but those memories were social memories, not gameplay ones.
    Oh yeah, I definitely get that. The vast majority of my fond memories were from people. Though I still to this day laugh at telling players that "Sorry, I'm not specced for portals" or "I only portal mages", on my mage.
    Ragachak: MMOHuts/OnRPG Lead Writer/Junior Editor.
    MMOHuts Author Profile OnRPG Author Profile
    Co-Creator of "Bottom Tier Entertainment System".
    Twitter, Twitch, Youtube Channel

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Well, I personally think that WoW classic is one of the best decisions Blizzard made in years regarding World of Warcraft. It is better then the current wow in so many ways. But still hey need to make some major changes to make it easier to level up. Now I need to use wow classic powerleveling to catch up with my friends who have more time to play then I do.

+ Reply to Thread