+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Life is crazy

Ride em Yoshi Reputation: 18

Default Life is crazy

Been here since the mid 2000's looking for new 2d sidescrollers to play and indie graal online servers and now its almost ****ing 2020.

It's crazy to think about how we've all ****ing grown and changed and moved on but will always have our childhood mmorpg memories.

Cheers everyone, good luck and good fortune.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

yeah I came here...uhh 2001? 2002? And woulda been just to see what mmos and orpgs were like outside of Tibia and stuff.
    Even though not as much goes on anymore, i do check in daily, usually multiple times still.

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 281

what's ur fav 2d sidescroller???? mines maplestory

A Shrubbery Reputation: 102

mine is runescape when you put the camera real low and don't move it and kinda squint yr eyes

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 134

This place has changed hands 3 times since I joined. Went from security testing for Gabe, to moderator, to forum pvper, to banned. This barren wasteland is a mere smidgen of its former glory. Sad times.

NWOrpheus

Sorry you feel that way. Efforts are being made to improve the site and rekindle interest. If you have constructive suggestions on how we can do that, feel free to submit them.

That being said, we do not want a 4chan or Reddit type environment here. "Forum PvP" will not be tolerated. We are working to foster a community of game lovers, by game lovers, for game lovers.

I do question though, if this is such a sad and desolate wasteland, why are you spending your time here? That says more about you than it does about the site.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 134

Quote Originally Posted by NWOrpheus View Post
    Sorry you feel that way. Efforts are being made to improve the site and rekindle interest. If you have constructive suggestions on how we can do that, feel free to submit them.
    If anything you've killed any rekindled interest in this sub-forum by completely squashing any banter between a few old friends with bans, locks and warnings. Since when was it ever harmful to call a decade old internet friend "bish" in jest? I'm fairly sure you've said worse to complete strangers in the past.

That being said, we do not want a 4chan or Reddit type environment here. "Forum PvP" will not be tolerated. We are working to foster a community of game lovers, by game lovers, for game lovers.
    The "Forum PvPer" title we earned was just a little joke between us and the previous admin all in good fun. Also I'm not entire sure what you mean by "4chan or Reddit type environment", are you implying the entirety of both Reddit and 4chan are a toxic community?

I do question though, if this is such a sad and desolate wasteland, why are you spending your time here? That says more about you than it does about the site.
    Is this you promoting activity and rekindling interest? You might want to work on that imho.

Forum PvPer Reputation: 242

did someone say forum pvper

why does my post have to be approved by a moderator. I dun nuthin. You guys want to get rid of any and all [deleted] who built this heckin lounge.
    Last edited by NWOrpheus; 10-21-2019 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Removed offensive word. Consider this a warning.

NWOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by .c64 View Post
    If anything you've killed any rekindled interest in this sub-forum by completely squashing any banter between a few old friends with bans, locks and warnings. Since when was it ever harmful to call a decade old internet friend "bish" in jest? I'm fairly sure you've said worse to complete strangers in the past.

The "Forum PvPer" title we earned was just a little joke between us and the previous admin all in good fun. Also I'm not entire sure what you mean by "4chan or Reddit type environment", are you implying the entirety of both Reddit and 4chan are a toxic community?

Is this you promoting activity and rekindling interest? You might want to work on that imho.
    Those are your opinions. You're allowed to have them, whether I agree with them or not. So long as you don't break the rules. That being said, I'm not going to engage in a debate with you. I'm here to enforce the rules, not discuss them.

Don't test us.

did he get banned for his opinions or

Testing 1 2 3

# ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Arri's Animal Reputation: 113

You guys are being unpleasant, but that's just my opinion, that being said, I miss dizzy, Those were the days, mmos were exciting then.

mmos are exciting now boi you ever played runescape

Editor in Chief Reputation: 62

No one's getting banned for opinions. I've already made my statement on these issues regarding rules and conduct here: https://www.onrpg.com/boards/threads...m-October-2019

It's been pretty interesting to see how the MMO genre has changed over the years. A lot less investment into it these days; too many failed projects because making a game is expensive and most players want a F2P mmo. That, and the MMORPG style is pretty old in terms of gaming. Without real innovation or substantial content pull, it's becoming harder to hook players in long term. Hell, the only MMORPG I play are FFXIV (because of story, content quality) and Blade & Soul (because of friends).

I'd probably be having more fun if I could get into PvP style games (MOBAs, BRs, etc) but I just don't have it in me.

I still really appreciate MMOs, but they need a hard revival kick, some studio that will make something really exciting and new and different.
    Editor in Chief, OnRPG/MMOHuts
    twitter | twitch

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 281

i think if we brought back the maplestory section, we could save the forums. i don't know why it was locked to begin with

+ Reply to Thread