+ Reply to Thread

Thread: State of the Forum: October 2019

Editor in Chief Reputation: 48

Default State of the Forum: October 2019

It's been a relatively hectic month for your resident forum admin, so this is going to be generally short.

Anti-spam measures are still working well, but have confused some new members. According, users with less than five posts will see a notice explaining our early post moderation policy.

Two new BBCodes are in: Spoiler and Tweet. As always if there's something you can think of that might be useful on the forums please let me know - I try to research new options when I have spare moments of inspiration.

We also added a lot of new forums at the end of September. After these additions, I'm relatively content with the forum setup that we have, but nothing is set in stone.

As the end of the year approaches, I imagine things are going to get more chaotic for staff, and I've got a big project I'm working on right now. That means the forums will likely see few changes in the next couple of months, though I continue to keep an eye on them. I'm still pushing for new forum software, too. (I know; I'm as frustrated as the rest of you.)

So I just want to end this with a final note: everyone is expected to abide by the Forum Rules & Code of Conduct. Veterans are being held to the same standards as new members. I know that for some of you 'old crew', this is a major shift from the forum's earlier years. Keep in mind, however, that OnRPG has been around for 15 years and a lot has changed in that time. OnRPG is now a professional media outlet, and our community standards are held to a high expectation. Some behavior that was tolerated and/or ignored in the past isn't acceptable now.

We'd like to continue to keep our community alive and grow it, but every online community has rules. If you're unwilling to abide by them, whether you've been here for one day or ten+ years, then this probably isn't the community for you.
    Editor in Chief, OnRPG/MMOHuts
    twitter | twitch

Editor in Chief Reputation: 48

I'd just like to add one more thing: if you have a question or complaint about the rules or moderation here, bring it to me directly.
    Editor in Chief, OnRPG/MMOHuts
    twitter | twitch

+ Reply to Thread