+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trying to remember an age-based MMO...

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Question Trying to remember an age-based MMO...

Hello everyone,
    I have a vague memory around a weird MMO that I played when I was young. I can remember the premise and details about the MMO but I can't remember the name. If anyone has played this game, please let me know! I've been racking my brain and searching for a while now.
    Details:
    - The game revolved around age. So your level would correspond to a particular age. For example, a player could be age 13 and would "level up" to age 14. I'm a little unsure of this part, but generally if you're a new player, you start at age 11 or 12. Then you can "level up" to age 18 to 21, which would be the max age. I also remember that early on in the MMO, you could get to the max age w/o paying to win. But eventually, the game capped a player at age 13. I remember I was at age 16 or 18 and logged on the next day to see my character reduced back to age 13. It's the main reason I stopped playing since I got incredibly mad that all the work I put into my character was taken away and placed behind a paywall.
    - It's also worth noting that the body also changed along with the age. Like your avatar also "aged" along with leveling up.
    - The art style was illustrated, kind of painterly from what I can remember. Like lots of blended colors and shading, making the environments and items seem more 3D I guess. Please note the graphics are still 2D despite the illustrative appearance.
    - This MMO is a website, web browser game. This wasn't a download, software kind of game.
    - This game is comparable 2nd Life, Gaia, and IMVU except for kids. It's a socializing game mainly, to make friends i'm pretty sure.
    - There are no fighting elements to the game, such as fighting monsters or raiding a dungeon. Only item collection-type quests or rely messages from NPC to NPC, that sort of thing.
    - I think I played this game from around 2009 to 2013. I'm unsure of the exact year, but I know It was around late middle school to early high school (i'm from the USA, just to give context to the kind of school system I went to)
    - My username was based on the right and left static backdrop; which consisted of a deep blue background with illustrated, transparent stones that were shining/glowing kind of.

If more details are needed, I'll try my best to answer. Thank you for reading and for any kind of help!
    Last edited by theskywitch; 12-11-2019 at 08:41 AM. Reason: remembered more details

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 279

100% Mabinogi.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    100% Mabinogi.
    Kind of, but it wasn't Mabinogi. The graphics were 2D but illustrated to appear 3D-ish. Additionally, there were no RPG elements to the game. Just collection kind of quests in order to exp. Thank you for the suggestion tho!

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 182

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    100% Mabinogi.
    Lol he said there was no fighting in the game. Which is very weird... Out of MMORPGs with combat, there are 3 from the era you describe with an aging system:

Mabinogi
    Seal Online
    Dragon Ball Online

DBO died because aging was pay walled....

Your game was talking only?

And a BROWSER GAME?!

Doubt people here at an MMORPG forum can help you. Maybe search for Browser based Virtual world games?
    Unless there was some combat, can't help you.

Maybe you're thinking Toontown or something? lol. Neopets, Habbo Hotel? lol.
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

RIP the Dawngates : (

You can join my Minitroopers army!

Don't you dare quote me!

Don't you dare Rep me neither!

I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

I know the game you're referring to, but it's no longer what it once was. It was a virtual world called Super Secret, which was made to be an educational virtual world about 'growing up'. Years later, the old game was replaced with a new 3D virtual world. The age limitations were taken out as well.

The website still exists, but the 'new' game requires Unity 3D web player to work. Good luck finding a browser that allows the old Unity 3D player. As for the older game, you won't find it. All you'll find are screenshots from old news articles.

Red face Thank you so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranu-chan View Post
    I know the game you're referring to, but it's no longer what it once was. It was a virtual world called Super Secret, which was made to be an educational virtual world about 'growing up'. Years later, the old game was replaced with a new 3D virtual world. The age limitations were taken out as well.

The website still exists, but the 'new' game requires Unity 3D web player to work. Good luck finding a browser that allows the old Unity 3D player. As for the older game, you won't find it. All you'll find are screenshots from old news articles.
    Yes!! This is the game!! I never would've thought that I would find it, ever! You're a peach, a blessing! Thank you so much for the help!!

+ Reply to Thread