Thread: Project: OnRPG Community Game Engine

Banned Reputation: 14

Default Project: OnRPG Community Game Engine

Right boy's (and girl's? 0.o)

I've been getting this sneaky feeling the game dev community here is'nt what it used to be, so i've got a plan to give it a kickstart and maybe draw the attention of the rest of the forum here to start learning.

My plan is to get you lot together as a team and start work on an OnRPG supported game engine. All of the details can be dealt with right here in the forum, we will have to discuss the language, which platforms it will support, the scripting language blablabla..

All im going to need to start with is a team of OnRPG member's willing to help work on this and i'll speak to gabe about what sort of support he could give this project (like an onrpg subdomain).

So..

Those of you with nothing better to do that would like to be a part of what could be a very good game engine, please post here and if I think we have enough people to get working on it I'll go ahead and start the next thread (posting of ideas).

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 10

I would like to help, but currently I have no such programming experience. Im learning Python soon then moving to C/C++ and learning others. But maybe somehow I could be of help soon.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Well more details need to be discussed on this topic before it can be setup and prepared for development. I mean about the issue of the respectable owners, are there any future plans to further develop the engine? What are going to be limitations of the engine, what kind of engine will it be? I guess it will have to be an open source, considering this is a public community open to discussion from any members. How will the very work be protected so that everyone cannot just come and steal the source, or some developed libraries or even some code so that any ideas or features coded would not become property of the internet. There would have to be some security and privacy when dealing with the source, and thus there would still be a screening process to remove those not trusted, and could again defeat a lot of the purpose of even participating in such a project.

I'm out; don’t count me in

-PB

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Well, I guess you can count me in if its in C++ and its a graphic library I've used before.