Thread: How lineage 1 sprites are madE?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default How lineage 1 sprites are madE?

Hey, me and my friend are currently enjoying making an mmorpg. We of course realize we are in over our heads, but we enjoy it Im a bit of an artist myself and am looking into getting a graphics tablet to draw some sprites. My question is, how does the game lineage 1 make their characters? is it simply a guy drawing them 30 different times in a much larger form, and then shrinking them for the game? or is it much different then that? I just wanna make quality sprites, and need to know how to go about doing that. Thanks!

Retired Staff Reputation: 75

I took at look at some screenshots from Lineage 1, and I bet you that's exactly what they're doing. Someone does some really nice pixel art, blows it up to do the details, and makes a sprite sheet of the character (with different images for every direction and action), then it's put into the game through the programmer.

So, yeah. Hope that answers your question.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Yea thats what i thought.. my friend was saying maybe its 3d re-rendered? He says they make it in a 3d modeling program, then take a screen shot of the model in every which direction, and do it like that.