The latest expansion to Hearts of Iron IV releases today, drawing the players attention to the Chinese Front in “Waking the Tiger”. The Chinese Republic, barely 25 years old has not found a stable ground to stand upon, but are being pressed by Japan. A set of new focus trees and new leaders await Nationalist China, Communist China, Warlords States, while Japanese Vassals add depth variety to one of history’s forgotten fronts. This will be released alongside a major update that’s free to all Hearts of Iron IV players.
Hearts of Iron IV: Waking the Tiger includes:
- Chinese National Focuses: Divided and under threat, China has great reserves of manpower and diplomatic flexibility
- Chain of Command: Unite your armies under a field marshal who can take advantage of the many skills of the generals under his direction.
- Decisions and Missions: Historical decisions and national missions give you new places to spend Political Power, as you deal with domestic politics or start special projects.
- Commanders’ Traits and Abilities: Commanders’’ traits can now unlock powerful Command Power abilities, allowing great flexibility and creativity.
- Updated Axis Focus Trees: Alternate historical paths for the German Reich and Imperial Japan, including parliamentary rule in Japan and the return of the Kaiser to Germany.
- Acclimatization: Over time, troops will learn how to survive in the desert or harsh winters, giving these veterans an edge on the battlefield.
- And More: Capturing battlefield equipment, and a revitalized air war system that has room for Volunteer air wings.