TaleRock brings their world of Ree’fah to life today with a new party-based tactical RPG – Grimshade. It’s available on Steam for 19.99, and follows a successful Kickstarter campaign. Grimshade tells the story of a company of heroes that, through a twist of fate, are involved in a series of events that affect the whole of Ree’fah. Each character has five slots to put equipment in addition to a unique ability. Players can adjust this equipment before battle, and select the squad and skillset for each hero you need before to add to tactical possibilities.
“The team are delighted with the end result and we have adapted our gaming ideologies into what we believe is a very unique presentation, in both look and gameplay”. Max Zogheib – Lead Game Designer on Grimshade.
“For instance, by playing many RPG games, you can face two irritating dilemmas. An endless grinding is the first, as you need to improve stats and properly arm all your heroes. Then, when you have an ideal party which could easily defeat any enemy, the game grants you another character(s). They are weak, low-level, undressed and it’s easier to abandon them, rather than grind again. We’ve tried to find the solution for both problems, leaving out the EXP & STAT system. Our characters develop horizontally, expanding their variety of abilities and improving synergies between them. Each new hero you gain smoothly integrates into the gameplay. His skills will be vital in following encounters with enemies and bosses.”
- No meaningless grinding
- Fully narrated tutorial to set players on the right path
- A rich and varied artistic style
- A deep but understandable system of equipment-based skill and character role development
- A world brimming with discoveries and exciting adventure
- Seven special characters
- A game to master, not win
- 2D & 3D presentation
- Find, trade, or craft new equipment to improve your characters and make them versatile and adaptable
- Subtle tactical combat reinvention
- And much, much more to be discovered