Focus Home Interactive and New World Interactive announced today that there will be six more months of free Insurgency: Sandstorm content on PC. Much of it is from direct community feedback, as well as a multitude of surveys. This content will begin arriving in July 2019 and will include the following additions, which are not in release order. If you want the full article on the Roadmap Community Update, it can be found on their Steam Page.
- Level editor and tools – mod support is coming!
- Two new maps – includes a snow map and another yet to be revealed
- Night versions of maps – this includes the release of special nighttime equipment
- New weapons and equipment – toggleable optics, mini-shotgun attachments and more are planned, along with others based on post-launch community surveys
- Hardcore ruleset across all modes – the option for hardcore rulesets will be made available to every game mode
- PvP Frontline & Co-op Outpost game modes – these two new game modes were chosen in Sandstorm’s first community survey. Frontline features two teams in a tug-of-war over multiple objectives to reach and destroy their enemy’s weapon cache. Outpost allows players to go on the defensive at randomized locations against waves of enemy AI.
- New character customization – many more cosmetics will be added, for both Insurgent and Security teams.