The legend of Final Fantasy has opened a new chapter, with a brand new massively multiplayer online game of unparalleled depth and beauty. Journey to the land of Hydaelyn and become an adventurer in a world full of both magic and sci-fi technology.
More than just a sequel to Final Fantasy XI, this is a whole new game with a very different approach to online gaming. Playing on your own is now just as rewarding as battling in groups and your character's progression and growth is achieved by using and refining your existing skills, rather than just earning general experience points.
Likewise you can change jobs simply by taking up a different weapon or item, from sword to blacksmith's hammer, although specialising in the game's four disciplines (war, magic, land and hand) will always give you an advantage. The end result is a more accessible and varied experience than any other online game and the most exciting Final Fantasy yet.
- Massive Fantasy: The first new online Final Fantasy since 2002 rewrites the rulebook on massively multiplayer online games, with more freedom and more action than ever.
- Job Training: Upgrade your character with dozens of skills and abilities through repeated practise, not arbitrary experience points, and change jobs in an instant.
- Fantasy Life: Play as one of five confirmed races, from humans (hyur) to cat people (miqo'te) and further customise your character with four sets of disciplines.
- Sole Survivor: Join a guild and battle with friends to complete a difficult quest, or carry on alone with a more balanced challenge that doesn't penalise solo adventurers.
- World View: Stunning graphics portray the land of Hydaelyn in extraordinary detail, showing a far more varied world of high fantasy and sci-fi fiction.